The American corporation Fitbit is known in the world as a manufacturer of consumer electronics and wearable fitness devices. The news that Google is buying Fitbit for $ 2.1 billion came as a shock to its users, many of whom are concerned that Google will use their personal health data.
Aware of this issue, Google's senior vice president of devices and services, Rick Osterloh, hastened to reassure Fitbit users on his blog: “We will never sell personal information to anyone. Fitbit health data will not be used for Google ads. And we will enable users to view, move or delete their data. "
However, it is possible that such assurances will not be enough for someone, in connection with which some users of Fitbit gadgets have threatened to switch to Apple Watch. To be on the safe side and just in case to delete your data, it is proposed to do the following:
Download your data
Before getting rid of the account, you should download the existing data for the last month, and if there is more, then you need to request an archive. This is not difficult to do since they are on the desktop - the Fitbit Dashboard icon. Further:
- In the upper right corner, click on the gear icon;
- Go to the "selected parameter";
- Select "Data export" in the menu on the left;
- If you need data for the last month, select a time frame and indicate whether you want to receive data in CSV or Excel formats and after selecting, click "Download";
- If you need your entire story, scroll down to Export Your Account Archive and select Request Data;
- Find an email with a link that will take you to a page where you confirm that you want to recover your data. Depending on the amount of data, this can take from a few minutes to several days.
- Go to the Fitbit settings page and scroll down. Click "delete account";
- You will receive a pop-up warning. Enter your account password and click Send Confirmation Email.
From mobile app:
- Open the Fitbit app and tap the Today icon at the bottom of the screen;
- Click on your account icon (usually a photo) in the upper left corner;
- Scroll down until you see "Data Management" and select it;
- Click on "Delete Account";
- Click on "Delete Account" again.