The Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation with the support of the Ministry of Communications and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation became the organizers of the International Forum "Days of Robotics in Sochi" in Russia, which will be held in the Olympic Park from November 21 to 23.
Within the framework of the days of robotics, the World Robotics Olympiad WRO Russia 2014, the Forum of Innovations in Robotics, an interactive exhibition of robots, as well as the regional qualifying round of the all-Russian competition "Robofest" will be held.
The Forum of Innovations in Robotics is an open discussion platform that will combine protocol events with the participation of members of the Government of the Russian Federation, scientific conferences and an educational non-stop marathon in the format of focus sessions. The main task of the Forum is to improve the quality and relevance of Russian educational robotics, create conditions for international exchange of experience and successful work, preserve and increase the scientific and technical potential of our country. The result of the forum should be a concept for the development of educational robotics in Russia.
Participation in the forum was confirmed by:
- Deputy Prime Minister for Social Affairs Olga Golodets;
- Minister of Education and Science of the Russian Federation Dmitry Livanov;
- Minister of Communications and Mass Media of the Russian Federation Nikolai Nikiforov;
- Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation Denis Manturov;
- Deputy Minister of Education and Science of the Russian Federation Kaganov Veniamin;
- Deputy Minister of Communications and Mass Media of the Russian Federation Alexey Volin;
- Governor of the Krasnodar Territory Alexander Tkachev;
- Oleg Deripaska, Chairman of the Board of Directors of the Basic Element Business Group;
- Head of the Federal Space Agency Oleg Ostapenko;
- Christopher Burgin Rogers, Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Tufts University (USA);
- Professor of the Saarland University of Applied Sciences (Germany) Martina Lechser;
- Co-founder of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers and the Robotics and Automation Society (Egypt) Maroua Samih Mahmoud Soudi.
World Robotics Olympiad WRO Russia 2014
The World Robotics Olympiad or WRO Russia 2014 is an international competition in the assembly and programming of robots for children from 7 to 18 years old, which has been held since 2004.
The Russian team won the honorary right to host the World Robotics Olympiad in 2012, having won the competition from the world's leading technological powers. The final of WRO Russia 2014 will bring together more than 1, 500 gifted participants from 48 countries of the world in Sochi.
We are waiting for you at the International Forum "Days of Robotics in Sochi" from November 21 to 23 in the Sochi Olympic Park!