There is a month left until the acquaintance with the Apple Watch will cease to be exclusive. But while the device is still fraught with a lot of mysteries. What do you need to know about the watches of the famous flagship in order not to be branded as an ignoramus in the near future?
1. Those who hoped the novelty would eliminate the need to carry a phone with them will be disappointed. Watch from the "apple" manufacturer does not work by itself, they are completely dependent on Wi-Fi and the iPhone mobile network. The last is to read literally. The gadget does not connect to the network of Android or Windows devices, and does not receive a signal from iPod and iPad. IPhone 5 or later only.
2. The watch will have to be charged almost every night, despite all attempts by the bright minds of Apple to extend the daytime battery life. Only 18 hours of uninterrupted operation was guaranteed. Although, of course, it all depends on what you use the device for. If your goal is to periodically check the time, then the watch can last up to 72 hours without recharging.
3. To "restore energy reserves" you will have to use a special cord that resembles a charger for powered toothbrushes, but the standard Apple one will not work.
4. Apple Watch has a water-repellent (not to be confused with waterproof) case. The design complies with the international standard IEC IPX7, so the watch can be immersed in water up to a meter deep for half an hour. The manufacturer, of course, does not recommend conducting such experiments, but you do not need to worry about the safety of the watch if it falls under a rainstorm.
5. Even though the Apple Watch is supposed to use an iPhone, sometimes you want to use it on its own, for example, while running. In this case, the watch has an internal memory of 8 GB, two of them are for storing audio files. The remaining 75% of the memory is needed for the operating system and applications, as well as 75 MB for thumbnails. By comparison, the iPod only has 2GB of storage space for hundreds of songs.
6. Watches can cost as much as $ 349 or all $ 17, 000. The reason for such a wide range of prices is the variety of variations. The developers have tried to take into account the tastes of those who wish to have a simple aluminum device, as well as luxury lovers who will order an exclusive in pink or yellow gold with leather inserts, which costs more than many cars.
7. The battery may run out faster for dark-skinned owners. It's not about racism, it's just that to measure the heart rate, the watch reads the level of oxygen in the blood, for which an infrared sensor is used, so a more powerful lamp is required to correctly read the data in people with dark skin. However, the manufacturer itself refrains from commenting on this topic.